Calling all ice cream addicts! Want to enjoy homemade ice cream quickly and easily? Well, it is now just minutes away with these mouth-watering recipes. Having homemade ice cream on a hot summer’s day is a perfect way to cool down. For favorites like strawberry, chocolate, vanilla and more, try these recipes with your home ice cream machine. They crank out delectable, ice cold and creamy frozen desserts. Nothing can get the attention of small children like sitting down for a nice bowl of frozen goodness.
If you do not have your own ice cream machine in your kitchen then you simply do not know what you are missing. There is nothing like homemade ice cream, gelato, sorbet or frozen yogurt that can really bring everyone together for some quality family time. Here are some luscious recipes for satisfying that sweet tooth.
Peach And Toasted Pecan
For the recipe:
- Whisk together 3/4 cup granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Gradually mix in 2 cups milk and 1 cup heavy whipping cream.
- Stirring constantly, cook over medium flame for approximately 12 minutes.
- When the mixture thickens, Remove from heat. Next, whisk one egg yolk until fluffy.
- Gradually mix approximately one cup hot cream mixture into egg yolk. Then add this mixture to remaining cream mixture.
- Whisk in 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste. Pre-freeze your ice cream machine’s gel container.
- Meanwhile, cook 1 cup peeled, chopped peaches and 2 tablespoons corn syrup. Stirring constantly, cook over medium flame for approximately 4 minutes.
- Coarsely mash and allow it to cool for 30 minutes.
- Next, stir peach mixture into cooled mixture.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a pan over medium flame. Add 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans to it. Cook for 10 minutes until fragrant and roasted.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle some kosher salt over it.
- Allow it to cool.
- Mix everything together and pour the mixture into your ice cream machine.
- Turn it on and let it work until the mixture is thickened. When it is done, your ice cream will have a creamy, soft texture.
- Transfer it to an air tight container. Freeze for approximately 6 hours.
- Serve chilled.
This yummy homemade frozen treat is packed with two Southern favorites- nutty pecans and sweet peaches. The refreshing peaches add great texture to your ice cream. The pecans pack in a crisp and crunchy bite to this sumptuous recipe. This homemade ice cream also has great nutritional value. Pecans are enriched with many health benefiting minerals, vitamins and nutrients. These are indispensable for optimal health. Peaches are high in vitamin C and A. They are also loaded with antioxidants that help protect cells from damage.
Enjoy the juiciness and sweetness of strawberries with this velvety summer treat.
For the recipe:
- Put 600 gram sliced strawberries in a blender to prepare a thick puree.
- Stir in 500 ml double cream and 250 gram castor sugar.
- Pour this mixture into your ice cream machine.
- Next, follow the manufacturer’s instructions and chill accordingly.
- Pour into an air tight container. Cover the surface of the ice cream with cling film.
- Freeze until hard.
This ice cream is low in calories. It has significantly high amounts of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Furthermore, strawberries have potential health benefits against aging, cancer, neurological disorders and inflammation. So, enjoy this rich red, healthy ice cream!
Divine Cherry Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
This one is an exact replica of a flavor you might have seen in an ice cream store. Deliciously creamy, this frozen treat is sinfully rich yet simple to make.
For the recipe:
- Stir together 3 cups heavy cream, 3 cups whole milk, 1 cup white sugar and 1 jar cherries juice.
- Pour the mixture in a saucepan and heat over medium flame.
- After 10 minutes remove from heat.
- Place 8 egg yolks into a large bowl. Then whisk in hot cream.
- Next, cook the mixture on low flame for approximately 15 minutes.
- Next, pour the mixture into your ice cream machine. Turn it on and allow it to thicken.
- Add 2 teaspoons almond extract to it.
- Now refrigerate the mixture for approximately 8 hours.
- Garnish with chopped chocolate and maraschino cherries.
- Serve chilled.
This recipe is also enriched with nutrients that keep you healthy and strong. Cherries are loaded with antioxidants. Chocolates are rich in flavonoids that help to mitigate inflammation. To prevent heart disease, you can have this delicious ice cream.
When you have your own machine at home, you can prepare any type of chilled treat easily. The list of best ice cream makers from Turnagain Times was just released and this would be a wise place to start if you are looking to buy a new frozen dessert machine for your home. You can have a complete control of the ingredients. For full bodied and incredibly smooth ice cream having your own maker is a real and fun necessity for our family.